Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pita Sandwich




I posted a picture of my lunch a while ago on Tumblr, and so many people expressed interest in it that I did a step by step on how to make it.

See, I may be a baker, but I like to eat healthy, too. It's all about balance. I don't think you should ever eat too much of any one thing. Vary your diet, eat a little of a lot of different things, and enjoy life!





You don’t need to be a genius in the kitchen to make yourself a healthy, delicious lunch.

Ingredients:
  • One pita cut in half
  • Two tablespoon of Light Balsamic Vinaigrette divided into two metal ramicans
  • 3 pieces of nitrite and nitrate free turkey
  • 3 pieces of nitrite and nitrate free ham
  • 4 plum tomatoes, quartered
  • 1 1/2 inch of English Cucumber quartered and sliced
  • 1 oz of crumbled goat cheese
  • Handful of baby greens

STEP 1: Place meat in pita halves

STEP 2: Add tomatoes

STEP 3: Then the cheese

STEP 4: Then the cucumber

STEP 5: Lettuce

STEP 6: More tomatoes and cucumber

STEP 7: More cheese

STEP 8: 1 tablespoon dressing

STEP 9: Repeat on the other half!



That’s it! It's super easy, and super delicious. The reason I put the steps together is because if you aren't used to filling pita pockets, it can be a little confusing to get your food layered right so you can enjoy everything in every bite.
I eat mine with pretzel sticks from Trader Joe's. YUM.

ENJOY!

By the way. I use Hormel Natural Choice Deli Meats because they are all natural, have no preservatives, no nitrites, no nitrates (which both cause cancer) and can be found at just about any grocery store (I just happen to buy mine at Walmart because I'm cheap.)

I highly recommend that you give them a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment