Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal



So a short while back I made a post about how to make perfect oatmeal. Well, yesterday I went to make oatmeal and decided I wanted to try something a bit different.

When it comes to oatmeal, I've tried just about everything. I've done everything from the simple raisins or walnuts, to funky combinations like peanut butter and banana, peanut butter and chocolate, or sweet potato and marshmallow. I've also done some savory variations like cracked black pepper and thyme. I've made butter pecan oatmeal, cinnamon apple oatmeal, or just your basic cinnamon and brown sugar.

But yesterday, in the spirit of fall, I decided to crack open my first can of pumpkin for the season and make pumpkin pie oatmeal.

Yup. You read that right.


Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
For this variation, I made the oatmeal per usual. Then, when it was time to flavor, I added a table spoon of pumpkin puree, a table spoon of butter, 1/4 tsp of ground ginger, and I added an extra 1/2 tsp of cinnamon. Then I topped it with pecans, a sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs, and some cinnamon sugar.


OMG. Deliciousness.

So, when you find yourself craving some pumpkin goodness this fall season... rather than grab the uber fattening slice of pumpkin pie (as I tend to do the day after Thanksgiving) perhaps you'll try some oatmeal instead.

HAPPY OATMEALING!!
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment