Friday, October 5, 2012

Cream Cheese Breakfast Pull Apart


Oh, goodness.

I found something a long while ago on the internet that I have been DYING to try.


Now tell me that doesn't look AMAZING. 
That photo is courtesy of Megan at pipandebby.com. It looked so incredible that I just had to try it. 

There was one issue though.. I didn't have a bundt pan. So what did I do?
I bought one! How could I not own a bundt pan!? It's a baking staple!
Well, okay.. I didn't buy it... I made boyfriend go get one. Haha. 

He's so good to me. 

And then I made it for breakfast this morning. 
Now, I realize this is really sweet to have for breakfast, but every Christmas morning since I was about 12, my mom has always made Monkey Bread for Christmas breakfast. So every now and then... I crave monkey bread like you wouldn't believe. And I couldn't believe how easy this was to make!



Now, the monkey bread my mom makes needs to rise over night. I'm too lazy for that, so I really liked that this recipe uses canned flaky biscuit dough. 


Genius!

While I did like a lot of Megan's recipe, I just had to change some things. So here is my version.

You will need:

  • 1C butter
  • 1C brown suger
  • 1C sugar
  • 2 Tb cinnamon
  • 1 tsp ground cloves
  • 1 tsp ground mace (if you don't have it.. don't worry about it.)
  • Pinch of salt
  • 2 cans original flaky biscuits (I just happen to love Pillsbury)
  • 1 8 oz package of cream cheese
  • STEP 1: Preheat oven to 350. Spray bundt pan with non stick spray.
    STEP 2: Melt butter
    STEP 3: In a medium bowl, combine sugars and spices and mix to combine.
    STEP 4: Poor 1/3 of the melted butter over the sugar mix. Mix until it looks like wet sand. Set aside.
    STEP 5: Slice your cream cheese into 16 equal sized triangles.This is how I cut mine, and I found it to be the simplest way.
    STEP 6: Separate all 16 biscuits. Split each one in half, insert cream cheese triangle, then reseal. I like the flaky biscuits because they split open so easily. 


    STEP 7: Place 8 biscuits in the bottom of the bundt pan. If your bundt pan is bigger than mine, they won't be as squished together. It shouldn't be a big deal though. Sprinkle 1/2 sugar mixture over the biscuits until they are well covered, then pour 1/2 of remaining butter over it.



    STEP 8: Place last 8 biscuits over the first ones, staggering them so they don't sit directly on top of the first layer. This will create a neat effect when you slice into the bread, so that no matter what size slice you want, you will have the same ratio of cream cheese and bread.
    STEP 9: Sprinkle rest of sugar mixture over the top of the second layer of biscuits, then pour on the rest of the butter.
    STEP 10: Place in oven and bake for 40-42 minutes. I put mind on a foil lined lipped baking sheet, just in case there was some spill over. Make sure your rack is low enough in the oven to allow for rise.

    STEP 11: Remove from oven and invert onto serving tray. Slice, and enjoy! 



Boyfriend and I ate about half of this just the two of us, and I'm saving some for when C comes over tonight. Our girls have a big game tomorrow, and she and I are leaving SUPER early in the morning to scout another team. Guess what we will be having for breakfast! 

Make sure you refrigerate your leftovers! (if there are any!)

Ingredients:
  • 1C butter
  • 1C brown suger
  • 1C sugar
  • 2 Tb cinnamon
  • 1 tsp ground cloves
  • 1 tsp ground mace (if you don't have it.. don't worry about it.)
  • Pinch of salt
  • 2 cans original flaky biscuits (I just happen to love Pillsbury)
  • 1 8 oz package of cream cheese

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray bundt pan with non stick spray.
  2. Melt butter
  3. In a bowl, combine sugars and spices, mix to combine.
  4. Poor 1/3 butter over sugars to wet sugar. Mix to combine. Set aside. 
  5. Slice your cream cheese into 16 equal sized triangles. 
  6. Separate all 16 biscuits. Split each one in half, insert cream cheese triangle, then reseal. 
  7. Place 8 biscuits in the bottom of the bundt pan. Sprinkle 1/2 sugar mixture over biscuits, then pour 1/2 of remaining butter over it. 
  8. Place last 8 biscuits over the first ones, staggering them so they don't sit directly on top of the first layer. 
  9. Sprinkle rest of sugar mixture over the top of the second layer of biscuits, then pour on the rest of the butter. 
  10. Place in oven and bake for 40-42 minutes. 
  11. Remove from oven and invert onto serving tray, slice, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment